MELAKA, Oct 9 (Bernama) -- The Melaka United Football Association (MUSA) has never received any proposals from third parties to buy interests in the association, said its secretary general Farhan Ibrahim.
He said MUSA was an association which was picked through a congress and did not have shares to be traded, as such it would be impossible for such a proposal to take place.
"I am prompted to explain the issue of ownership of Melaka United by outsiders which has viraled and MUSA hereby vehemently deny the existence of the new owner of this association.
‘’Melaka United officials have also informed us that they have been contacted by a number of players from abroad to ascertain this case and that this constitutes a fraud because the individuals involved are said to be asking for payment for registration as Melaka United players for the 2020 season," he said through a statement here today.
Last night a screengrab related to the news titled 'Melaka United Taken Over By Company From Abroad?' viraled on Facebook and Instagram but a check at the original portal 'Semuanya Bola’ found that the article had been deleted.
Commenting further, Farhan said the association’s lawyers had demanded the deletion of the news or status related to the ownership of the club on the social website from the parties involved to avoid facing legal action, and they had complied and apologised.
As such, he said MUSA wanted to remind all quarters against misusing the name of Melaka United (MU) without the permission of the association or they would be facing action to protect the good name of MUSA and MU.
Meanwhile, he said MUSA endeavoured to complete all needed commitments before the MU Super League team was privatised in line with the aim stipulated by the Football Association of Malaysia.
"Only the Super League teams will be privatised later and MUSA will continue to focus on developing the football talents in the state," he said.